River Radio is a frequent audio webcast production hosted by Marine residents Jim Maher and Gayle Knutson with technical direction by Matt Quast. The show is presented by the Marine Community Library. It focuses on providing information about your community and your world. In each episode, conversation is conducted with notable figures from Minnesota and nationwide as well as local leaders. Each program includes updates on area news.
The show airs live on Saturday mornings, but is also available as a podcast on your favorite podcast app.
The next show will take place on May 15th at 9:00 am. This will be the final show of the 2020-21 season of River Radio.
View the May 15th ShowPage.
River Radio will be back next fall.
river radio replays
Replays of the most recent shows:
- May 15th – Fred de Sam Lazaro of PBS Newshour; new Marine Mayor Kevin Nyenhuis; Greg Seitz of St. Croix 360
- May 1st – Peter Gove on the St. Croix River legacy of Walter Mondale; factory farms in the St. Croix Valley; coping with hunger issues locally
- April 17th – Sen. Tina Smith on the filibuster and infrastructure; the new Marine charter school; Earth Day and the local environment
- April 3rd – Emily Ford of Duluth, who just completed a 1,200 mile hike of Wisconsin’s Ice Age Trail; Cameron Hewitt, a top travel writer with Rick Steves Europe, Inc; and Sally Wingert, veteran Twin Cities theater, film and TV actor
- March 20th – Emily Bazelon on Voting Laws, Pollinator Friendly Alliance
- March 6th – The Latest on COVID-19, “Please Raise My Taxes”, Plans for a St. Croix Heritage Area
- February 20th – UNICEF USA and COVID vaccine distribution worldwide, Political Roundtable with Lori Sturdevant, Fred de Sam Lazaro and Brian Gruis
- February 6th -Neel Kashkari of the Minneapolis Fed, crazy days in the stock market, Marine resident’s upcoming military deployment
- January 23rd -Rep. Tom Emmer, Travel Challenges, Right Wing Extremism
Season #1 of River Radio, March 28 to May 23, 2020
Links to Season #1 Show Pages, which include access to recordings:
- March 28th – Our Introductory Program
- April 4th – Musician John Gorka, a Marine on St. Croix City Update, Elementary School Life, the New Marine Mills Folk School, Life in Hard Hit Spain
- April 11th – Life Coach Richard Leider, Financial Professional Ross Levin, What’s Happening in Scandia, the 50th Anniversary of Earth Day
- April 18th – Chief U.S. Federal Judge John Tunheim, National Park Service Superintendent Julie Galonska, local restaurant owners
- April 25th – Jim Souhan of the Star Tribune, Washington County Library, the new realities of travel, landscape improvements in Marine on St. Croix
- May 2nd – A Hospital Perspective on COVID-19, the economy with Chris Farrell, Marine on St. Croix Road and Restoration Projects
- May 9th – Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison, Substance Abuse Issues with Hazelden Betty Ford Clinic, Local Real Estate Market, European COVID Update
- May 16th – Dr. Michael Osterhom on COVID-19, the latest on the St. Croix River, the local banking scene
- May 23rd – Food security during the pandemic, the economic outlook from a different perspective, Washington County Commissioner Fran Miron, St. Croix 360
Season #2 of River Radio, September 12 to December 19, 2020
Links to Show Pages, which include access to recordings:
- September 12th – Secretary of State Steve Simon, COVID-19 Vaccines, Marine Film Society
- September 26th – Remembering RBG with Judge John Tunheim, Charles Franklin on polling, Black Visions in Minneapolis, Rustic Roots Winery
- October 10th – Gov. Tim Walz, Mary Divine, Lori Sturdevant
- October 24th – Conflicting Information on COVID-19, the new Marine Garage, Election Night Preview
- Nov 3rd Election Night Coverage Show Page
- November 7th – Pat Kessler of WCCO-TV, O’Brien State Park, Election Recap, New Marine Gift Shop
- November 21st – The Parade of Local Authors
- December 5th – The War on Science, Feeding the Hungry, Dark Sky Project
- December 19th – Dr. Michael Osterholm, Ross Levin, life of a high school senior