Despite our COVID-19 closure, patrons can check out books! We offer contactless Saturday curbside pickup and home delivery for patrons who request library materials by telephone or email.
Safety for volunteers and patrons in the time of Covid-19 is Marine Library’s first priority. Volunteers do not come into direct contact with patrons. They wear masks and gloves when handling library materials. When returned, items are quarantined for 7 days before being made available again for lending (CDC guidelines state the virus is unlikely to remain on a surface like a book cover for more than 3 days). Volunteers respond to a brief health checklist before beginning their shift, and agree to report any near-term later illness to their health care provider for appropriate tracing.
- Find the item by selecting Search the Catalog in the upper right corner of the website page. Type in some or all of the title or author. The result will let you know whether it is a title we carry.
- Submit your request via email or by calling the library.
-Email: Send your request to email@example.com. Include the title and author, your full name, telephone number and, if you are requesting delivery, your address with delivery instructions.
-Telephone: Call 651-433-2820 on Saturday morning between 9:30 and 10:15 when a volunteer is present to assist.
- Pick up your item between 10:30 – 12:00 noon on Saturday. Find the bag labeled with your first name on the cart in front of the library if the weather is nice, or in the Village Hall lobby if the weather is inclement. Please wear a mask and adhere to social distancing when picking up your item.
- Deliveries. If you are not leaving your home and live within 10 miles of the library, a volunteer will deliver your items. When you reserve your item, please note that you are requesting delivery and provide your address with delivery instructions. Deliveries will be made after 12:00 pm on Saturday.
- Return your item to the Washington County Library book drop at the Village Hall or, if the hall is open, put it through the return slot in the library door. If you are not leaving your home, call the library on Saturday morning to arrange for your item/s to be picked up by a volunteer.
To see a list of new books acquired by the library, click Recent Acquisitions.