October 1, 2017
The Marine Library Association is offering an exciting Online Silent Auction this year!
Browse through the many Marine-centric offerings online. The Online Silent Auction will close September 29 at 5 pm, to be followed by a Live Silent Auction before the Garrison Keillor Show, October 1, starting at 6:00pm and ending at 6:45pm. All proceeds benefit the Marine Community Library and will help the library to continue providing a robust and updated collection as well as free programming and events.
If you are unable to attend the Garrison Keillor show, a special “Buy Now” option is available to allow you to purchase any of the great experiences. They include:
- Ann Bancroft Shares Her Favorite Childrens' Books. Share stories with adventurer Ann Bancroft. She'll spend a couple of hours reading to your kids (any age) down by the river or at the library. Bring your favorite books and Ann will bring hers. (Limit of 4 children)
- Billy Goats Not-Gruff. Enjoy a private tour and a hay ride at Poplar Hill Goat Farm, for up to 10 people. Scandia Mayor Christine Maefsky and her husband Vincent will lead the tour. See the milking parlor, and milk a goat and enjoy their delicious cheese. Date to be mutually agreed upon.
- Forage in the Forest with Tommy Boesel. Tommy's an expert forager in the local woods. He'll share his knowledge and keep you entertained at the same time! (Maximum number of people is 2)
- Organic Eggs. Receive weekly deliveries of farm-fresh free range organic eggs. Oldfield Farm gives their hens plenty of TLC and get the best eggs in Washington County, possibly the world! You'll get 1 dozen eggs each week for 3 months.
- Poker with the Pastor. Have you every prayed for the next card to be the one that wins the hand for you? Here's your chance to play with an expert on both counts, poker and praying! Join Pastor Joel for an evening of cards and community. Friday, November 16. (Maximum number of people is 7)
- Starry Starry Night #1 and #2. Get a tour of the University of Minnesota observatory that's right in our backyard. Find out what really goes on at the O'Brien Observatory at the top of Nason Hill. John Marchetti of the U of M will give a short talk about the Observatory and what's in the sky. Saturday October 14, in case of clouds, October 21. (Maximum number of people is 10. Both groups will visit the Observatory on the same night.)
- Talk 'Pots' with an Esteemed Minnesota Potter. Join University of Minnesota professor emertius Warren MacKenzie for lunch at his studio. Autumn 2017
The auction is open now! Visit the site for more details and to place your bid.